Beatiful Books - 2017 Writing Goals

 Hello, dear followers. This is one of the monthly post written in English. If you need help with the translation, please check tha google translate tab on the left. It's not the best but it's better then nothing. If you're a non italian speaker, that's the same. 
If you've any kind of difficulties with the translation, please leave a comment and I will help you. Sometimes you will have to do a double passage before finding the right translation. 
Don't ask me why google translate does that, but there's no way to help that.

So, today theme is 2017 Writing Goals and this is the last day to write it. Obiviously I'm late but next time I will write the post much more early.



What were your writing achievements last year?


Well, my intention was to finish to write and correct my first book. I just needed the first days of 2017 to complete the project, but I was so fast that I consider it completed during 2016 XD

What’s on your writerly “to-do list” for 2017?

Find an agent, find a publisher and finish the second book of the series I'm writing


Tell us about your top-priority writing projects for this year!

Well, the answer is kind the same as the first one.
Finding and agent in Italy isn't the same as finding one outside my country. Here, money plays a big part. And I know that people told me that: if you pay an agent, it's scum; but the publishing system in Italy is hellish. Also, literary agencies in my country aren't always open and most of the time your occasion to send a novel is like that: send your novel the first day of the month before midnight... too bad for you if all the spost got taken in no time. Totally unfair. But I still have no intention to spend my money before actually seeing results.
 Also, the publisher, when you send a novel, take months or a year to analize it and sometimes they don't even give you a refusal answer... because the answer is silence. It's a limbo.

How do you hope to improve as a writer? Where do you see yourself at the end of 2017?
What are your plans for this novel once you finish editing? More edits? Finding beta readers? Querying? Self-publishing? Hiding it in a dark hole forever?

Sorry, I had to mix two questions because the answer was the same.
That's difficult. I feel that I found a good writing style that really suits me - simple, without lyricals parts which are definitely not for me - but I think that a lot of things will grow up by themself during my writing process . At the end of 2017 I see myself working on my second novel and hopefully singing a contract with a publisher.
Anyway, the main goals is to finish the second book of the series and edits it.

Describe your general editing process.

Offf... that's heavy. I have none? At the start I was doing a terribile thing: write everything and see everything only later. Now I'm writing a chapter, I read it again and correct it. At the end I do a general read of all the book and that's all.

On a scale of 1-10, how do you think this draft turned out?

Quite good, if you're referring to the draft of the first book. I will give myself a seven out of ten. I want to be confident. 
And the current draft of the second book is quite good so far.

What aspect of your draft needs the most work?

I need too use a bigger vocabulary. I feel that all the rest is quite okay. It's the best I can do right now. Let's be honest with myself: I know I can do better but not right now. It's a thing that require tim.

What do you like the most about your draft?

Ummm... nothing? My characters, maybe XD I prefer to hear other people's opinions regarding the draft.

What’s your top piece of advice for those just finished writing a first draft?

Don't stress yourself over a sentence or a chapter. I know that you probably hate it but you will only lose time of your life that you can spend going on writing. 

Nessun commento

Spero che il post vi sia piaciuto e attendo i vostri commenti :)