Beatiful Books 2016 - Novel Update

beautiful booksHello, dear followers. This is the second post written in english about the Beatiful Books, a type of post dedicated  to the writing side of bibliophiles. It's organized by Paperfury, an Australian blogger, and it's read by other nglish speaker. And that's why I write this kind of post in eglish and not in italian. I had a google translate tab if you want to translate the post. 

This month there will be just another post of this type, and then I will write only one of this per month. 

This post is dedicate to the novel update and general writing status. So, here are the questions and my answers. 





Overall, how is your mental state, and how is your novel going?


My first novel is finished, right now, and I'm trying to write again the second of the series. So far it's going terribly slow -I'm just at chapter two - but I'm relaxed because great part of the work is already done.


What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?

Okay.... The novel is written in italian, so I will do my best with the translation. 
Here is: He choosed to spend the night inside the dark, without even a candle's light to brigthen the room's darkness.

Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?

That's difficult. I love everyone XD

What do you love about your novel so far?

I don't know. Really, I don't have a clue. I don't even know if it's just a novel full of shit or a valid one. Don't ask me this kind of question ç_ç

Have you made any hilarious typos or other mistakes?

Not one in particular U_U

What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end — and why?

All of them, but writing the start is usually dfficult, because you need to find a good way to catch the readers' interest. I love reaching the end but sometimes I got to eager to write the last sentence and so I tend to rush a bit. 

What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!

I just sit and write. Sometimes I drink tea... and nothing more. Really, it's not that amazing.

How private are you about your novel while you’re writing? Do you need a cheer squad or do you work alone (like, ahem, Batman)?

I work alone but I also confess a lot of things, doubts and thoughts to my best friend. There are people that know about the novel and other that don't. I feel to let few of the people I know to read the book. Just yesterday one of my academy schoolmates asked me to talk about the book and I couldn't let me do that. The point is most the fact that I don't like to make my book sound like a big deal - as most people do talking about their works - and I prefer them to read it.

What keeps you writing even when it’s hard?

I force myself and sometimes, even I write in a not-so-good mental state, I end up re-reading what I wrote and... it's good. But this year I decided to simply cut off if the words don't come out naturally.

What are your top 3 pieces of writing advice?

Don't force yourself to be great. Sometimes the things we write seem like shit, but then here comes the reader that let you know that likes what you write. So, sometimes, the mistakes you see are just produit of your impossibile research for perfection.
Sometimes is good to stop and do other thing. Get out and fine someone to talk about irrelevant things or about your book. Clarifying your doubts with someone it's great.
Remember that you write first for yourself. It's great that people like what you write but writing should be a pleasure and not an obligation. Pleasure is something that should  make you happy and not the others. Also, the others don't have the right to say to you: write that or that, I want the story to goes in that way. You are the boss.

Nessun commento

Spero che il post vi sia piaciuto e attendo i vostri commenti :)