08/01/17

Beatiful Books 2016 - Introduce your novel

beautiful booksHello, bibliophiles and readers in the attic. This is the usual "hello" I write to my followers.

Note in italian for my italian followers: questo è l'unico post che verrà e sarà sempre scritto in inglese, dato che l'organizzatrice di tale vento parla inglese. Se non sapete l'inglese, ho messo un button di google translate per la traduzione. So che non è il massimo ma dovrebbe risultarvi comunque comprensibile.

Why am I saying that? Because this is the only type of post that  I will ever write in English on  the blog. 
And why do I do that? Because I'm taking part of a project that it's born with the help of two English speaker, and all the people that will probably read this post - excluding my actual followers - are english speaker too. 
So, I'm sorry for grammatical errors and things like that. And I'm sorry for my italian followers that only speak italian. But that's the reason why I added a google translate button on the left side of the blog. 
I know that google translate is terribile, but I think that in a way or another the italian follower will be able to understand what it's written on this post, and the english reader will be able to chek out the blog. So, english speaker, you're very welcome to join the crew. 

Now, it's time to talk about the post. This kind of thing is based on NaNoWriMo, which a site where writers can keep up and control the progession of their own writing. Just to make it more simple: it like goodreads but for writers. And during the year, once time at month, if I'm not wrong, Cait of Paperfury host this kind of thing, with question about the novel and everything that is related to it. 
It's the first time that I do this thing, as I already said, and this will also be the only post that will be always written in english. Since I skipped the last two session of question, I decided to write three post about that during the week. This is the first one.
So, you can chek this post for ore information.

Introduce your novel


What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?


What inspired my novel was an italian comic named Monster Allergy and the female coprotagonist Elena Patata. So, my book, actually started like a fan fic. I took Elena and transformed her in some kind of fantasy protagonist of a typical fantasy novel. It started when I was thriteen and most of the bases where already in my mind... so the idea is ten years old. But Elena lives no more in my stories, and everything changed, just like great details about the story and the characters.

Describe what your novel is about!

My novel is about Elda - let stay vague - that lead her life in Iginita, where magic and everything related to it isn't seen well. Everything is quite normal until the day when, in front of everyone, the religious state of her nation says that she's a demon - apparently there's no actual reason  - and that will lead her to discover much more about her true nature. I know... and I admit: she's what people call special snowflake, since is a special kind of "something". I cannot say what she's and also there is a good reason for that and an explation. She's not "special snowflake" just beacause Elda is Elda. I would love to explain why she's a special snowflake that it's not really that, but it would be a major spoiler.

What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!

Easy at the start, blood in the middle, victory full of injustice  in the end

Introduce us to each of your characters!

Are you crazy right? They're too many. My book is full of characters and I have no dam intention to get rid of them. I will just name few of them. Elda, Rala, Agata - this name will change -, Oeno, Agerion, Venetia, Kirio, Risho and many others. They're all traitors of something and with traumas and, in a way or another, traitors will save the world.

How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)

Well, in the past I just sat and wrote but now I study and do scheme of what should happens, with explanations if needed. Then I write and I need more information I simply stop and do a little research, and thats' because even if I do schemes, the world and the story always devolop while I'm writing.

What are you most looking forward to about this novel?

Write about a characters that isn't good and sweet like heros should be, but at the same it's also a hero and do everything she can to hurt less people and to hurt a lot the ones she thinks deserve death. She's usually death for them and if someone fuck up badly and cruelly, she won't forgive. And I love to add philosophical and moral thoughts inside the book. 

List 3 things about your novel’s setting.

I will only nominate the ones that regards the nation where the first book is set, because the others are currently in "I'm still writing" status, and as I wrote before, something always change. So, here is three thing about Iginita. It's inspired by my country, which is Italy, so it's full of contradictions that seem to make no sense at all. The state is divided in two parts, a religious one lead by the White Order and a politcal/military one that's is the Golden Vertex.  Iginita's people are all white and people with different type of skin are usually descendant of old races that exist no more in Iginita and in a way or another they also have white ancestors. 
I already see people screaming at me beacuse that is racist, but that's what most of Iginita people are, plus it's like that because of geographical and historical reasons of the world I created. It's also a critique to my italian fellow people. As I already wrote, Iginita is inspired by Italy and italian can be really racist.

What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?

At the start, her main goal is to stay alive no matter what. She doesn't actually choose to help the others. She's literally forced to do so beacuse it's her only way to stay alive. Nobody really stands in her way at the start, just a psycotich guy, Nelio, that works for the bad guys. Only during the second book she will discover that the enemy is everywhere and can be find even in the side of the good guys. She will be tangled in the war of the Dead World, she will decided to put an end to the bloodshed and discover the truth behind the magical being she should be and the story of her species.


How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?

At the end of the first novel, Elda has still to change a lot. She learned to care more about the others.  to fight for herself and to train her mind to polical and power games, but she still have to deal with her anger and her most obscure side. During the second and third book she will have greater changes but also I want to express a sad truth: not everyone change. Also, there's a really important fact. Elda is not sixteen or so, but she's twenty-two. She's already quite grown up, she has already her own ideas and she doesn't need to figure out who she's is. She knows her bad and good sides, and many things will be not able to change her mind. She not a young adult protagonist, but a more adult one, quite awere of how the world move

What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?

First of all, I want to critique racism, excessive application or religion morals, subtle chauvinism and state unpopoular opinions about militar system and patriotism. Well, I don't know the answer for the second question. I would love to say: good and intrigued, but I know that reading a book it's a really personal experience, so I don't feel that exist a real answer. Just feel.  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Spero che il post vi sia piaciuto e attendo i vostri commenti :)